Try these best Arthritis home remedies
Arthritis is a word generally used to mean any disorder which affects joints. Symptoms generally include backache, joint pain and stiffness. Other symptoms may include redness, warmth, swelling, and decreased range of motion of the affected parts of the body.
There are more than 100 types of arthritis. The most common forms are osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease) and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis usually occurs with age and affects the fingers, knees, and hips. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that often affects the hands and feet.
Pain, which can vary in severity, is a common symptom in almost all types of arthritis. Other symptoms include swelling, stiffness and aching around the joint. Arthritic disorders like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis can affect other organs in the body, leading to a variety of symptoms. Symptoms may include:
- Weight loss
- Poor sleep
- Inability to use the hand or walk
- Stiffness, which may be worse in the morning, or after use
- Muscle aches and pains
- Difficulty in moving
It is common in advanced arthritis for significant secondary changes to occur. For example, arthritic symptoms might make it difficult for a person to move around and/or exercise, which can lead to secondary effects, such as:
- Decreased aerobic fitness
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of flexibility
Treatment may include resting the joint and alternating between applying ice and heat. Weight loss and exercise may also be useful. Apart from that one may go for contemporary treatments available in market and also for home remedies that work equally good. We are going to discuss some amazing arthritis home remedies that will cost almost nothing and work wonders.
Arthritis Home Remedies
Take fresh leaves of Chenopodium album (bathua) and extract 15 ml of juice from it. Drink this juice every morning on an empty stomach on daily basis and do not eat anything before and after 2 hours. Do not add any seasoning to the juice. Continue this remedy for 1-2 months. It is considered as one of the best arthritis home remedies.
If you mix fresh leaves of Chenopodium album (bathua) with your dough for chapatis, this remedy will work faster and better.
- Take the roots of Indian Ginseng (Nagori Asgandh) and brown sugar (Khaand) in equal quantities. Tamp the two together and strain it through a think cotton cloth to form a fine powder. Store this powder in a glass container. Eat 4-6 grams of this mixture every morning and evening with a glass of luke-warm milk. Take this remedy for 3 to 6 months as required. It is even beneficial for the patients with severe arthritis who are bedridden. It treats backache, pain in limbs and also weakness in the body . This remedy is panacea for arthritis.
- Take 2 tablespoons of asgandh powder, butter (ghee), and jaggery. Prepare pudding (halwa) using these ingredients. Eat it at least for continuous 15 days. It works wonders in arthritis.
- Before using asgandh, boil it in milk and let it dry. Then make a fine powder of the same.
- It is more beneficial and best suited in winters.
- Patients with hot tempered are advised not to use this remedy much.
- Avoid eating oily, sour, spicy and gas producing foods when undergoing any arthritis home remedies.
To get rid of knee pain, eat butter (ghee) chapatis made of gram flour (besan) without adding salt to it.
- Chamomile tea is an anti-inflammatory that may help ease arthritis pain.
How to prepare Chamomile tea at home
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh chamomile flowers/dry ones
- 1 small, fresh sprig of mint
- 250 ml boiling water
- Honey as required
Fill up your pot with 250 ml of water and begin to heat. Add 3-4 tablespoons of fresh chamomile flowers/dry ones into the pot (only use the heads of the flowers and not the stems) and a sprig of fresh mint to the water and then boil it for 5 minutes. Your tea is ready. Strain it into a cup and you can also add a teaspoon of honey to the tea.