Skin Care Routine For Dry Skin
Do you have dry skin and dull skin? Does it feel flaky and rough whenever you touch it?
With dry skin, you experience tight, flaky, dehydrated and dull face and there might be various factors for the problem such as use of harsh cosmetic products, bad skin care routine, less intake of water or just change of weather. Whether your dry skin is a temporary outcome of something unfriendly to your skin or it has always been like this, it needs extra care and nourishment.
Knowing the type of skin you have, reasons behind your skin problems and the treatments for the same, is an achievement in itself. By simply purchasing suitable cosmetic products for your skin type would not be sufficient, you shall follow a proper skin care routine in order to maintain a beautiful and healthy skin.
Here we discuss some home remedies that you can include in your daily skin care routine to treat your dry skin problems.
Soak a small clean cotton ball in half a bowl of lukewarm milk and gently apply it all over your face, neck, hands, and other parts of your body. After 20 minutes, wash off your face with cold in summers or lukewarm water in winters. Use of milk on skin makes it soft, clean and moisturized.
Daily use of milk improves complexion and enhances beauty of the face and also treats acne, wrinkles, dark spots and roughness of the skin.
- Only a little amount of milk for the remedy can make your skin fair and gentle. “I own no other remedy better than milk bath for the treatment of dark spots and blemishes and for beautifying skin” – Dr. John Glaster.
- In winters, take cotton ball dipped in lukewarm milk. Gently apply this milk all over your face and hands. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes. This will make skin spotless and fair.
- This is the best skin care routine one can have for dry skin.
ALTERNATIVE REMEDY 1
Mix 60 grams of wheat or barley flour, one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder, one teaspoon of mustard or sesame oil and water (as required) in a bowl to form a thick paste (Ubtan). Apply this paste on your face and body before shower. When it starts to get dry, rub it out by using your fingertips. You will see the dirt coming out with the mixture from the surface of your skin. Take a shower with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. This is a great idea to remove the dryness from the face in winters. This home remedy is very effective and makes skin soft, fair, smooth, and spotless and helps to shrink enlarged pores.
- This can be done on every third day.
- A pinch of sandal powder can be added to this paste for fragrance.
- Do not use soap while bathing. If possible, use a mixture of gram flour (one part) and milk (two parts) in place of soap. This will remove extra oil from the skin.
ALTERNATIVE REMEDY 2
Mix two tablespoons of milk with a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on your face using a cotton ball. Wash it off when it gets dry. Do it every day. This will treat the dryness and make skin look hydrated and naturally moisturized.