Acne Home Remedies For Your Skin
You need to inculcate some effective acne home remedies in your daily skin care routine if you have acne prone skin because acne is a skin disease that can affect your skin terribly and nothing works better than home remedies for such condition. It occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. It mainly affects areas of the skin having high number of oil glands such as face, upper part of your back and chest. Genetics is thought to be the primary factor for acne condition, apart from that, the kind of lifestyle you lead including bad eating and sleeping habits, lack of physical activities, etc. support acne.
There are many treatment options available for acne problem including change in lifestyle, medications, skin care routine, acne home remedies, yoga, exercise, etc., no matter what treatment you opt for, you must take extra care of your acne prone skin at home as well and for that we discuss an effective skin care routine here for all skin type.
Take orange peel and let it dry under the shade (avoid sunlight), grind it to form a fine powder. Add gram flour or multani mitti (fuller’s earth) of equal quantity; mix the two well. Soak this mixture in water for 15 minutes and form a thick paste out of it. Gently apply this paste on the affected area where you see breakouts. Let it sit for 10 minutes; wash it off after 10 minutes with lukewarm water. Regular use of this remedy for almost 4-6 weeks prevents further breakouts and eventually clears off your acne completely.
- Add few drops of rose water to the powder so that a thick paste is formed. Apply the paste on the affected area. This will clear off acne, acne scars and other facial scars.
- Using the above mentioned paste every second or third day in place of soap on the damp face lightens the complexion and clears off acne scars in few days.
- Applying your own early morning saliva on the acne on regular basis, surprisingly treats acne problem in couple of days.
- Do not prick or burst your acne. This will make the problem worse and will leave permanent marks on your skin.
- Before going for above treatments, it is advised to clean your face with water first for quick results.
- Prevent yourself from constipation.
ADJUVANT ACNE HOME REMEDIES
- Consume 3 grams of triphala-churan (mixture of three myrobalans)- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) with lukewarm water every night before going to bed for immediate results.
- Take 10 grams of munakka (zante currants) and soak them in 60 ml of water overnight. Eat the currants in the morning after removing the seed and drink the remaining water as it is or after adding little rock sugar to the water. Regular intake of this remedy for almost a month will reduce the breakouts and eventually treat acne completely by purifying the blood.
- To get rid of severe acne problem, take steam at least once a week. Keep the steamer ready, close your eyes and steam your face for 2-3 minutes and after that clean your face with a cold wet towel. This in one best remedy you can inculcate into your skin care routine to avoid breakouts because it opens up the pores and help you sweat, resulting in removal of dirt from the skin.
- Apply a mixture of rose water and lime juice (mixed in equal quantities) on the face. Wash your face with fresh water after 30 minutes. This will treat acne in 10-15 days. You can also simply rub lemon peel gently on your face before going for a shower and wash your face with lukewarm water after a while. Lemon treatment is one of the best acne home remedies which treats acne within few days.
ALTERNATIVE ACNE HOME REMEDIES
- Rub nutmeg (jaayphal) on a rough stone with cow milk to form a thick paste that can be applied on the face. Apply this paste on your face and let it dry. Rub out the paste with the help of your hands. Wash your face with lukewarm water afterwards. Regular use of this remedy will treat your acne within 2-3 days and will also remove acne scars from the face.
- One should bring olive oil his/her skin care routine because regular use of olive oil also treats acne and boils and also removes acne and boils scars in few days. But this darkens the complexion of the skin a little.
OTHER ACNE HOME REMEDIES
1. Apple cider vinegar– Apple cider vinegar, like any other vinegar is known for its ability to kill bacteria and viruses. All your need is to Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water. First clean your face, gently apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball. Let it sit for 15–20 seconds, rinse with water and pat dry your face. Repeat it once or twice per day, as needed.
2. Honey and Cinnamon mask– These two ingredients are excellent source of antioxidants. Just mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder together to form a paste. After cleansing your face, apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10–15 minutes. Rinse the mask off and pat dry your face.
3. Aloe vera gel– it is beneficial for people with acne prone skin. Scrape out the gel from the aloe vera stem. Apply gel directly to your skin as a moisturizer. Repeat once or twice per day, or as needed.