Preventative Health Care: Lung Diseases
Here is what you can do to keep your lungs healthy…
It is unfortunate to know that statistics on lung diseases are soaring high and there comes the need of preventative health care. The main causes for the lung diseases are genetics, smoking, sleeping pattern, pollution, lack of nutrition etc. These are the main vital organs of our body. That’s why it is important to prioritize your lung health.
Controlling and preventing lung disease needs extra care & attention and an advance preventative health care.
Your body has a natural defence system designed to protect the lungs, keeping dirt and germs at bay. But there are some important things you can do to reduce your risk of lung diseases. Here are some ways to keep your lungs healthy and prevent lung diseases.
Some risk factors may be unavoidable, but a bit of basic knowledge of preventative health care can help thwart the endless threats to our health and well-breathing
REMEDY FOR THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION FROM COMMON LUNG DISEASES
Soak 15 fresh and clean zante currants in 150 ml of water overnight. Next morning they will get puffy. Remove the seeds and eat them one by one by chewing them well. Drink the remaining water as it is or by adding a little sugar to it. Doing this for a month makes lungs strong and healthy and cures empyema (condition in which puss gets accumulated in lungs) as a result, asthmatic attacks reduce. Long old cough, sinusitis and stomach related problems get treated. It is also beneficial in cases of constipation, haemorrhoids, bleeding nose, blisters and urinating problems. Number of Red blood cells increase resulting in good sperm count.
If these overnight soaked currants are again soaked in morning for half an hour in cold milk (already boiled) and then consumed, would be more beneficial and nutritious. It brings back the energy and strength quickly in the injured body. Use of these currants is prohibited in diabetes.
People who consume one teaspoon of honey on daily basis for 2-3 months own a healthy pair of lungs and they never suffer from any lung related diseases. Do not consume honey for no reasons, stop it the moment you get rid of your diseases.
Honey has three special properties-
- It relieves respiratory disorders.
- It helps to excavate unnecessary material from body through faeces.
- It Keeps nervous system strong and working and balances the nutrition in the body.
- It is one of the best ingredients for preventative health care.
Taking deep breathes while walking; you will not only be relieved from lung diseases but will also remain young and fresh. For this, what all you need to do it is that when you walk in the morning, you only have to inhale through your nose in a usual manner but when you exhale, exhale through your mouth with force to come out with as much air as you can. Thereafter close your mouth and breathe normally.
- As a result of deep breathing, the blood circulation increases and more oxygen is supplied to the brain through lungs and the unwanted and gas producing material get eliminated. This makes the whole body clean, purified and fresh.
- Today, people are more inclined towards rigorous, heavy and dangerous workout in place of running and walking. In order to maintain the health and for preventative health care, the old Indian sages had laid a lot of emphasis on waking up early in the morning and going for walk every day. Nowadays, people are more dependent on the vehicle even for small distance which apparently results in the medical conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. People who brisk walk for 4-5 kilometres daily never suffer from heart and lung diseases and diabetes.
- Deep breathing is considered as the best preventative health care exercise in Ayurveda for healthy lungs.