NATURAL HOME MEDICINES FOR SORE THROAT AND HOARSE VOICE
NATURAL HOME MEDICINES FOR SORE THROAT AND HOARSE VOICE: Nothing works better than natural home medicines in the conditions of sore throat and hoarse voice.
A sore throat is usually a result of irritation or inflammation. The most common cause for the same is acute viral pharyngitis, a viral infection of the throat. Other causes include other infections (such as streptococcal pharyngitis), trauma, and tumours, acid reflux disease which causes stomach acid to back up into the throat and also cause the throat to become sore. In children streptococcal pharyngitis is the cause of almost 40% of sore throats.
Whereas, hoarse voice which is also known as hoarseness or dysphonia, is when the voice involuntarily sounds breathy, strained, raspy, or is softer in volume or lower in pitch. It can be related with a feeling of unease or scratchiness in the throat. Hoarseness is often a symptom of problems in the vocal folds of the larynx. It may be caused by laryngitis caused by an upper respiratory infection, cold, or allergies. A several other causes for losing one’s voice are there and treatment is generally by resting the voice and treating the causes. It appears to occur more commonly in females and the elderly, certain occupational groups, such as teachers and singers, are at a highest risk of the condition.
But with the help of the under mentioned natural home medicines, you can totally get rid of these problems.
NATURAL HOME MEDICINES FOR SORE THROAT
Take 2 grams of alum and 125 ml of lukewarm water. Mix the alum in the warm water. Gargle with the water 2 to 3 times daily. It treats swelling in the throat and also reduces the pain. In case you do not have alum, you can use half a tablespoon of salt in lieu of alum.
It not only reduces pain and swelling but also helps in clearing phlegm, treating throat infection and all related problems. It also treats tonsils and reduces the pain caused due to it.
ALTERNATIVE NATURAL HOME MEDICINES
- For swelling and pain in throat, you should take 10 grams of ajowan caraway (ajwain) and 500 ml of water. Boil ajwain in the water for at least 15 minutes to form a tonic. Add some salt to it and gargle with the tonic twice a day as first and the last thing. If you experience severe pain and phlegm in your throat, then eat 2 grams (almost half a teaspoon of awain) and drink a glass of lukewarm water before going to bed. It reduces the secretion of phlegm and mucus.
2. For severe throat pain, you can also take dry coriander powder and rock sugar powder in equal quantities. Mix the two well. Eat one tablespoon of this mixture 2 to 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days (as required). It is also beneficial in mouth blisters.
NATURAL HOME MEDICINES FOR HOARSE VOICE
- Hoarseness due to yelling and shouting: take half a gram of raw borax (suhaga, almost a size of a small chickpea) and put it inside your mouth and keep eating it. It will immediately calm down your larynx. It will clear your throat in 2-3 hours. It is a panacea for hoarse voice.
- Hoarse voice caused due to drinking cold water and drinks: Put 1 gram of liquorice (mulethi) powder in your mouth just before going to sleep, keep chewing it and let it be there while you are asleep. It will clear the hoarseness by the time you wake up. If you eat liquorice with a betel leaf (paan ki patti), it will work better and faster. It also helps in reducing swelling and pain in the throat.
- Hoarseness due to cold and winter illness: Take 7 pepper corns and 7 batashe (sugar candies made in India) and eat them just before going to bed. It treats cold, hoarseness and all kinds of winter illnesses. If you cannot find batashe, you can use rock sugar in place of batashe.
ALTERNATIVE NATURAL HOME MEDICINES
Take powder of 10 pepper corns and pure butter (ghee). Mix the two well and eat the mixture just after your dinner or make a syrup of batashe and black pepper (add batashe and powder of 10 black peppers to some water and give it a boil) and drink it.
- Eat hot chapatis and hot puddings.
- Drink hot milk every night.
- Always drink lukewarm water.
- Do not yell and try to keep mum as much as possible during the condition.
- Avoid smoking, cold drinks and alcohol.