Jaundice and its natural treatments
Jaundice and its natural treatments: Jaundice is a yellowish or greenish pigmentation of the skin and whites of the eyes due to high bilirubin levels in the body. It is generally associated with itchiness. The faeces may be pale and the urine darker in colour than usual. Jaundice in babies occurs in over half in the first week following birth and it is considered as a very common condition. If bilirubin levels in babies are very high for too long, a type of brain damage may occur.
Causes of jaundice vary from non-serious to potentially fatal symptoms. Levels of bilirubin in blood are normally below 1.0 mg/dL(17 µmol/L) and levels over 2–3 mg/dL (34-51 µmol/L) typically results in jaundice. High bilirubin is divided into two types: unconjugated (indirect) and conjugated (direct). Conjugated bilirubin can be confirmed by finding bilirubin in the urine. Other conditions that can cause yellowish skin but are not jaundice include carotenemia from eating large amounts of certain foods and medications like rifampin.
High unconjugated bilirubin may be due to excess red blood cell breakdown, not eating for a prolonged period of time, large bruises, genetic conditions, newborn jaundice, or thyroid problems. High conjugated bilirubin may be due to liver diseases such as cirrhosis or hepatitis, infections, medications, or blockage of the bile duct. In the developed world, the cause is more often blockage of the bile duct or medications while in the developing world, it is more often infections such as viral hepatitis, leptospirosis, schistosomiasis, or malaria. Blockage of the bile duct may occur due to gallstones, cancer, or pancreatitis. Medical imaging such as ultrasound is useful for detecting bile duct blockage.
Treatment of jaundice is typically determined by the underlying cause. If a bile duct blockage is present, surgery is typically required; otherwise, management is medical. Medical management may involve treating infectious causes and stopping medication that could be contributing to the condition. So, we are going to mention some of the best natural treatments that you can do at home in the condition including the condition among newborns.
Take 3-4 new leaves(buds) of peepal tree, wash them properly. Finely tamp these leaves in a mortar with rock sugar or ordinary sugar. Add this mixture to a glass of water (250 ml) and then strain this water. Give this drink to the patient suffering from jaundice for least twice a day. You can continue this treatment for 2-7 days as required.
- It also works in severe condition of jaundice and treats jaundice completely in just a week. You also need to follow the dos and don’ts for quick and better results.
- It works on people from all ages including infants and new born babies.
- Eat light and healthy food and take good rest during the treatment. Try to stay in a clean, cool and airy place.
Alternative treatment 1
Take clean pink or white alum, grind it to form a fine powder. Take 1/8th gram to half a gram of this powder and consume it with a glass of butter milk or curd, at least 3 times a day. This will treat jaundice in just few days. Continue this remedy for 3-7 days as required.
Alternative treatment 2
Take 50 ml of radish leaves and stems juice and add 10 grams of rock sugar to it. Drink it on an empty stomach for a week or as required. This remedy treats all conditions of jaundice just within a week.
Adjuvant natural treatments
- Consume two live-52 tablets 3 times a day, it will help you treat jaundice very quickly. Even allopathic doctors recommend these tablets. Even if you consume these tablets for a long time, it will not give you any side effects.
- Eat two oranges or orange juice daily on an empty for quite a few times in a day for at least 5-7 days. This treats jaundice completely.
- Consume a glass of butter milk after adding a pinch of black pepper powder to it. Do it for a week.
- Drink a glass of glucose mixed in water every morning and evening. It is very beneficial in jaundice treatment.
- Take a white bottle and pour 3/4th water into it. Keep the bottle under the sun for at least 6-7 hours. This water is now free from all toxins. Drink this water when it gets down to room temperature. It is very beneficial in the treatment of jaundice.
- Consume mint juice mixed with sugar, every morning. This is considered very healthy in jaundice. Continue for 10 days.