Home Remedies for Diabetes
Home Remedies for Diabetes: Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood glucose levels over a prolonged period due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
Symptoms of high blood sugar include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. If left untreated, diabetes can cause many complications. Acute complications can include diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state, or death. Serious long-term complications include cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney disease, foot ulcers, and damage to the eyes.
But with appropriate home remedies, one can easily treat the causes that lead to diabetes such as blood sugar level, frequent urination, increased thirst and hunger, etc. and here we discuss some of the best home remedies for the treatment of diabetes and related problems.
Take 6 grams of fenugreek seeds, tamp them and soak them in water in the evening. In the morning, grind the seeds with water and strain the mixture. Drink this mixture without adding any sweetener to it. Regular consumption of this medicine for two months treats diabetes completely.
Mix two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and one tablespoon of fennel seeds together. Soak the mixture in 200 ml of water in a glass vessel overnight. Drink the liquid in the morning after straining it. The patients who face any problems due to hot nature of fenugreek should only consume fenugreek with fennel seed for the treatment of diabetes and ulcerative colitis.
Alternative home remedies
1. Jamun (black plum) leaves juice– take four green and tender leaves of black plum, grind the leaves to form a paste. Mix it with 60 ml of water and then strain the liquid. Drink it every morning for continuous ten days. Afterwards, consume this medicine after every 2 months for 10 days. This jamun leaves juice is best for the patients experiencing sugar (glucose) in urine.
2. Jamun (black plum) leaves– In the initial stage of diabetes, eating four jamun (black plum) leaves every morning and evening benefits in the condition. You will start noticing changing just within 3 days.
3. Jamun (black plum) fruit– take 60 grams of ripe jamun (black plum) fruit. Boil them in 300 ml of water and cover the vessel with the lid. Take the vessel off the flame after half an hour. De-seed the fruits, grind the solution using your hands and strain it. Your medicine it ready, take one part of the medicine at a time. Take such three doses in a day. This will reduce the sugar (glucose) level in the urine. Regular consumption of this medicine treats diabetes completely.
4. Jamun (black plum) seeds– Let these seeds get dried under the shade, grind the seeds to form a fine powder, take this medicine every morning with fresh water for at least 21 days. This will treat diabetes and reduce sugar level in urine.
1. Curd, yoghurt, green vegies, cilantro(coriander), mint leaves, cabbage, cucumber, bottle gourd, coconut, (jamun)black plum, bitter gourd, radish, tomatoes, lemon, carrots, onions, ginger, butter milk, soaked almonds etc. are some foods that are beneficial in the treatment of diabetes.
2. Bitter gourd is panacea for diabetes. It reduces glucose level in blood. People who regularly eat bitter gourd never suffer from diabetes.
3. Give up eating sugar and sweets.
4. Avoid eating rice, starch, sweet fruits and tobacco.
5. Avoid exertion and gas causing foods.
6. Do not sleep in the day light.
7. Do not drink a lot of water at a time. Always dink water slowly sip by sip.
1. Eat chapatis made of gram flour or you can also add barley meal to the gram flour. If you eat chapatis made up of gram flour for just 8-10 days, it will reduce the level of sugar(glucose) in the urine.
2. Roast barley seeds and grind to form a fine powder(flour). Make chapatis from the flour. It is very beneficial in the treatment of diabetes.
3. If the patient goes for long run on daily basis, the blood sugar level will automatically be reduced without any medicine. If he cannot run, brisk walking would do.
4. Following a strict diet that only includes curd or yoghurt, fruits and vegies removes sugar from the urine. And if you again start eating sweets you might notice sugar in your urine again.
5. Early stage of diabetes could be treated with regular practice of yogasanas especially: Ardhamatsyasana, Mayurasana, Dhanurasana, Bhujangasana, Padmasana and Garbhasana.
6. Regular practice of Bhastrika along with Paschimottanasna and other pranayama that strengthen your lungs, brings permanent benefits in the condition.