High Blood Pressure, Symptoms and its Natural Remedies
High Blood Pressure, Symptoms and its Natural Remedies: Hypertension also called as high blood pressure is a long-term medical problem in which the blood pressure in the arteries is consistently elevated. It usually does not cause any symptoms. However, long-term high blood pressure is a prime risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, stroke, heart failure, vision loss, and chronic kidney disease.
High blood pressure is categorized into primary high blood pressure or secondary high blood pressure. About 90–95% of cases are primary, defined as high blood pressure due to non-specific lifestyle and genetic factors. The remaining 5–10% of cases are categorized as secondary high blood pressure, defined as high blood pressure due to an identifiable cause, such as chronic kidney disease, an endocrine disorder, narrowing of the kidney arteries, or the use of birth control pills.
Blood pressure is expressed by two measurements, the systolic and diastolic pressures, which are the maximum and minimum pressures, respectively. For most adults, normal blood pressure at rest is within the range of 100–130 (mmHg) systolic and 60–80 mmHg diastolic. For most adults, high blood pressure is present if the resting blood pressure is persistently at or above 130/90 or 140/90 mmHg.
Common symptoms of high blood pressure
Some with high blood pressure report headaches (particularly at the back of the head that too in the morning), as well as vertigo, buzzing or hissing in the ears, altered vision or fainting episodes. However, these symptoms might be related to anxiety.
Several classes of medications are available for treating hypertension but you can also control it with really simple but effective natural remedies. Here are some:
Take onion juice and organic honey in equal quantities. Mix the two together. Consume two tablespoons (approx. 10 grams) of this mixture once, every day. This is an effective remedy for high blood pressure.
Onion juice decreases cholesterol level in your blood hence, prevents cardiac arrest. Onion is a tonic for your nervous system, purifies blood, helps in digestion, improves heart functioning and also treats insomnia. Honey is considered good for your body as it helps to maintain blood flow in the arteries hence, decrease in blood pressure. Consumption of honey strengthens your heart and improves its functioning. Try this remedy for at least 5-7 days and if it works well on your body then, continue it as required.
Alternative natural remedies
- Take watermelon seeds and white khas khas(poppy seeds)in equal quantities. Grind them separately to form fine powder and mix. Consume one tablespoon (approx. 3 grams) of this mixture every morning and evening with water on an empty stomach. It lowers down your blood pressure and helps you get sound sleep at nights. It also treats headaches. Continuous intake of watermelon seeds maintains your blood pressure and dissolves cholesterol in the body and removes the same. It also reduces stiffness in arteries, makes them soft and flexible. Continue this remedy for 3-4 weeks as required.
- Take one tablespoon (approx. 3 grams) of fenugreek powder and eat it with water every morning and evening for at least 10-15 days. This will definitely treat your high blood pressure problem. It also helps in the treatment of diabetes.
- Chew one or two peeled garlic cloves with water after your meals or you can stuff the cloves into munakkas (zante currants) and chew it. It treats blood pressure problem. Garlic is capable of maintaining your blood pressure. It also reduces high blood pressure to normal. Best method of consumption: Take 2-3 peeled cloves of garlic and cut them to pieces. Eat these garlic pieces with water every morning on an empty stomach or you can just swallow them with water. This way of consuming raw garlic efficiently reduces cholesterol level, high blood pressure and also prevents tumours.
Adjuvant natural remedies
- Mix wheat and grams together. Grind them to form fine flour. Make chapatis from this flour. You will feel the change in just a day or two.
2. Drinking copper vessel water every morning reduces high blood pressure and maintains the same.
3. Take four basil leaves, two neem leaves. Grind them with 2-4 tablespoons of water. Consume this paste every morning on an empty stomach for 5-7 days. This is beneficial in the treatment of high blood pressure problem.
4. Eat naturally ripened papaya on an empty stomach for at least two months and avoid eating anything for next 2-3 hours. This treats the problem of high blood pressure.
5. If you consume onion and garlic along your meals in a balanced quantity then, it helps in prevention and treatment of heart diseases. Consumption of onion and garlic prevents high cholesterol level in blood because they contain fibrinolytic element that prevents blood clotting and helps to maintain the blood viscosity and even treats the thickness of blood to normal consistency.
6. Beneficial for both high and low blood pressure:
1. Consumption of butter milk is considered beneficial. People with low blood pressure shall add a pinch of asafoetida (heeng) to the butter milk. Drinking a glass of butter milk after lunch is treated as tonic.
2.Just like mutter milk, amaranthus (chaulai) leaves juice is also beneficial in the treatment of both high and low blood pressure.