Health Disorder: Cataract And Its Natural Remedies
Cataract is a health disorder in which clouding of the lens in the eye takes place resulting in a decrease in vision. Cataracts generally develop slowly in either or both of the eyes. Symptoms may include faded colors, blurry vision, trouble with bright lights, and difficulty in seeing at night. Cataracts are the cause of half of blindness and 33% of visual impairment worldwide.
The most common factor of cataract is ageing like most of our health disorders but it may also occur due to trauma or radiation exposure, by birth, or occur following eye surgery for other problems, prolonged exposure to sunlight and alcohol, etc. and it is generally diagnosed by an eye examination.
There are means of preventing health disorders in Ayurveda and remedies for their treatments including cataract. Here in this article we share some of the best preventive measures and remedies for cataract.
Take 10 grams of white onion juice, 10 grams of natural honey and 2 grams of Bhimseni camphor powder. Mix these three ingredients well and store it in a bottle. Directly apply the mixture into your eyes with the help of a glass pipette. This remedy stops early cataract and even treats matured cataract.
- If Bhimseni camphor is not available, you can use only the mixture of onion juice and honey.
- If you instil one drop of pure honey regularly for 3 to 4 weeks into your eyes, it will definitely help you in the early stage of cataract. This also prevents black cataract.
- Applying honey in your eyes every morning improves eye sight and also treats other common eye problems.
- Honey is used in treating ample health disorders and is also good for eyes. It treats common eye problems and helps get rid of eye strain.
Preventive measures for weak eye sight
- Applying pure honey into your healthy eyes prevents you from weak eye sight and in fact your eye sight gets improved as you age with this remedy.
- Soak 4 almond kernels in night. In morning, grind the almonds with black pepper kernels. Add rock sugar to the mixture. Eat this mixture every morning along with the above treatment and for quick results, drink a glass of milk afterwards.
Instil 2-3 drops of your own fresh urine into your eyes for 2-3 times a day treats early stage of cataract and stops it from getting severe in future.
Tip: Keep fresh self-urine in a clean glass bottle for almost 15-20 minutes so that it cools down to room temperature and then bring it to use. Follow this remedy for at least 2 months.
Self-urine is useful in many health disorders including cataract.
Palming technique- You first need to sit in a relaxed and comfortable position for palming. Keep your elbows on your knees touching each other or you can place your elbows on a table or just keep them on a pillow placed on your knees. Gently close your eyes. Form a vessel like structure with both your palms; cover your eyes while placing your palms on your cheek bones in such a way that your palms don’t touch your eyes. Be sure that you do not put any pressure on your eyes neither any light reaches to your eyes. Your palms and eyes should be relaxed. Empty your mind. There shall be no mental stress while performing this exercise. You must experience a complete black out to be stress free and it shall be effortless. Be in the position for some time and then remove your palms form your eyes. Blink your eyes fast. This improves your eye sight and prevents cataract.
Tip: You can practice this exercise for 10 minutes for 4-5 times daily.
- Avoid eating corn flour, sugar, rice, rice pudding, coffee, pickles, jams, toffees, chocolates, boiled potatoes and oily food.
- Do not drink or smoke.
Foods good for your eyes
Amla (Indian Gooseberry), Amla Jam, papaya, ripened mangoes, milk, butter, honey, black pepper, rock sugar, jaggery, dry coriander, mint, coriander, cabbage, fenugreek leaves, curry leaves, neem leaves, spinach, sprouts, carrots, almonds etc.