Complete Skin Care Routine For The Treatment of Dark Circles
You need a complete skin care routine if you are prone to dark circles. Dark circles are generally dark blemishes under and around eyes. There are many causes for the same including heredity and bruising. Any condition that causes eyes to itch can contribute to darker circles due to rubbing or scratching the skin. Also the lack of nutrients in the diet, or the lack of a balanced diet, can contribute to the pigmentation of the area around the eyes. It is also believed that iron deficiency also causes dark circles as well. A lack of sleep can cause paleness of the skin, allowing the blood underneath the skin to become more visible and appear more blue or darker around the eyes.
Dark circles are likely to become more noticeable and permanent with age. This is because as you get older, skin loses collagen, becoming thinner and more translucent. Circles may also gradually begin to appear darker in one eye than the other as a result of some habitual facial expressions, such as an uneven smile.
There are many treatment options available for dark circles including change in lifestyle, medications, skin care routine, home remedies, yoga, exercise, etc., no matter what treatment you opt for, always try to maintain a personal hygiene of your skin, exercise daily, do yoga everyday and keep trying natural home remedies as much as possible to maintain a regular skin care routine for a beautiful and spotless skin.
Now we will discuss some of the best skin care remedies for dark circles around the eyes.
Take one tablespoon of tomato juice, half a tablespoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and gram flour as required. Mix all the ingredients to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on the affected area around your eyes. Let it dry for 10 minutes, gently massage the area and then wash it off with tap water. Apply this paste regularly for couple of weeks. This is an effective remedy for removing dark circles.
- Deficiency of iron and calcium causes dark circles around your eyes.
- These dark circles are also caused due to bad temperament.
- Red tomatoes are rich source of Vitamin A, C and iron. Consumption of tomatoes is very beneficial for one’s health.
- Drinking carrot juice or just eating raw carrots also helps in getting rid of dark circles.
Take 2 parts of tomato juice and 1 part of lemon juice and mix the two well. Apply this juice on your face. Wash off your face when it gets dry. Do it twice a day for couple of weeks and you will see your skin getting softer, cleaner and spotless. It also makes your cheeks and lips pink, removes large pores and dark circles around your eyes.
- If you drink tomato juice along with the above treatments, they work better and quicker. Take 125 ml of tomato juice, add half lemon, paste of 5-6 mint leaves and rock salt as required. Drink the juice either in the morning or evening. This treats constipation, kills stomach worms, treats acne and helps to get rid of face scars and pigmentation. Avoid having oily food, chillies, tea and fast food.
ALTERNATIVE REMEDY 1
If your eyes are getting dug inside the sockets and you are experiencing dark circles around your eyes, then take almond oil and honey in equal quantities and store it in a bottle. Gently massage the area around your eyes with the liquid every night before going to bed. Applying olive oil in place of this liquid is also very beneficial. This remedy of skin care routine for dark circles not only removes dark circles but also treats wrinkles within 2-3 weeks of use.
- Soak 5-6 almonds in water overnight. Either eat almonds in morning by chewing them thoroughly or have it after making a paste out of it and boil it in 250 ml of milk. Consume the almonds regularly in these ways for 21 days. Consumption of almonds along with the above treatments will definitely treat your dark circles and will also make your skin spotless and beautiful.
- Consume one tablespoon of rose jam (gulkand) every evening.
HOW TO PREPARE ROSE PETAL JAM (GULKAND)
- Rose petals (fresh and dry both)
Grind one cup of rose petals with one fourth cup of water to a coarse paste. Take the paste in a non-stick pan, add two tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of dry rose petals. Cook for eight to ten minutes on medium heat or until thick. Take the pan off the flame. Your rose petal jam is ready.
ALTERNATIVE REMEDY 2
Dark circles are usually caused due to anaemia (lack of blood) and stress. Place cotton pads dipped in cucumber juice on your eyes and remove them after a while. Doing so for 2-5 weeks on a regular basis treats dark circles under and around the eyes. Cucumber is one skin care routine ingredient that works wonders on dark circles around the eyes.
Rose water not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
How to use it
- Soak cotton pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks for satisfactory results.