Complete Regimen And Natural Treatments For All Kinds Of Fevers
Complete Regimen And Natural Treatments For All Kinds Of Fevers: Fever is a health condition of having a temperature above the normal degrees due to an increase in the body’s temperature at a certain point of time. The usual temperature for a healthy person should be between 37.5 and 38.3 °C (99.5 and 100.9 °F). The increase in temperature generally triggers high muscle contractions and thus causes a feeling of cold. This leads to more heat production in the body to rain heat and when the body temperature comes down to normal, the person feels exhausted and start to sweat. Fevers do not commonly go higher than 41 to 42 °C (105.8 to 107.6 °F).
A fever is commonly caused by various medical conditions from non-serious to severe ones. This includes viral, bacterial and parasitic infections such as common cold, urinary tract infections, meningitis, malaria and appendicitis, etc.
Treatment to reduce fever is generally not required but the resulting pain and inflammation need to be treated. There are several medications available in the market including paracetamol that help in pain relief and lowering down the body temperature and But one can take measures at home as well such as putting a cool damp cloth on the forehead.
Now, we are going to discuss some complete regimen and natural treatments to cure all kinds of fever at home.
In the initial stage of the disease, avoid giving solid food to the patient. Instead, give liquid food and fruits to the patient such as milk, tulsi(basil) tea, orange juice, coconut water, lemonade, papaya, plums, etc. According to Ayurveda, it is not healthy to eat food made up of refined or white flour like breads and biscuits. Eating lentil soup, sabudana (sago)-milk and patolia(solution of roasted wheat powder with water) in considered beneficial. You can eat half a cup of patolia at least once or twice a day. It is one of the magical natural home remedies to bring down a fever naturally.
How to make Patolia:
Take half a cup of wheat flour, add few drops of clarified butter to the flour. Roast the flour in an iron vessel on a low flame till the mixture turns golden brown. Thereafter, add the amount of warm water required to make the solution runny. Keep stirring the mixture while adding warm water to it to avoid lumps in the solution. Then add some milk and sugar/salt to taste. This is the healthiest way to prepare patolia.
- When the temperature lowers down, eat easily digestible food such as. khichdi(lentil and rice porridge) or wheat dalia(porridge), grapes, apple, etc.
- You shall drink a lot of boiled water (when it gets cold) in frequent regular intervals during the condition.
- After the treatment, only eat liquid food initially and then gradually come to the solid-food diet like eating small chapatis, green veggies, lentils, tomatoes and salads.
- Make sure you do not eat solid food in generous quantity during the treatment, rather get into the habit of eating in bits and parts.
- If the body temperature is above 103 degrees, then keeping cold water bandages on the forehead helps a lot in the condition.
- Eating 10 mint leaves with 10 munakka (zante currants) after soaking them in water over night is very beneficial in the treatment of fever. It also treats stomach related diseases, and indigestion.
- In the case of lack of appetite due to fever, you can eat juliennes of ginger with salt, tomatoes with rock salt or you can eat munakka with salt just 15-20 minutes before your meals.
- And if you want to improve your taste buds that went tasteless due to fever, then take half a lemon, apply black salt and black pepper on it and then roast in on tawa(iron plate) to just make it warm. Eat the slice.
- To get rid of the weakness caused just after the condition, you can milk and boil 4-5 dates in the milk, thereafter add one tablespoon of honey to it. Drink the milk at least twice a day for regular few days until you feel improvement in your health.
After complete recovery
- The patient shall have complete rest for a couple of days.
- The patient shall avoid being in cold breeze and weather.
- Once the patient is cured from the disease, he feels weak, keep him in a closed room to avoid cold breeze and clean his body with a wet sponge.
- If the patient is frequently thirsty, soak 2-3 spoons of fennel seeds in water for an hour and give this water to the patient in regular small intervals.
- For chapped lips as aftermath of the disease: grind some cumin seeds with little water to form a fine paste. Then applying this paste on your lips in every four hours cures the problem and helps in pain relief.
- In case the patient is not able to digest the milk, add some cardamom seed to the milk while boiling it. This will make the milk light and digestible
- If you follow the above mentioned natural home remedies appropriately for fever, it will definitely bring down a fever naturally.