Benefits Of Yoga Everyday: Bhujanganasana
STAYING HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL AND FUNCTIONAL WITHOUT MEDICINE
Bring the benefits of yoga every day into your life by practicing the asanas and pranayamas that work wonders with most of your health issues. And in this article, we are going to cover almost all benefits of an asana named “Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)”.
The name comes from the Sanskrit words bhujanga meaning “snake” or “serpent” and asana meaning “posture” or “seat“.
Lie down on our stomach on the floor with your legs straight touching each other and keeping your soles pointing upwards. Let your palms beside your head touching the floor and hours little bent from your elbows. Then slowly lift your head up followed by your neck, chest and then stomach. Your lower body part (below your waist) shall touch the floor. Keep your neck upright and firm and then bend your head backward as much as possible and look up. Your asana will be complete when your head, neck, chest and part just above your waist are lifted high like a serpant’s head and you feel the pressure and strain on your lower back. Hold your breath for 2-3 seconds while looking up in that position. Then first rest your chest on the floor, touch your forehead on the floor and then loosen up your body by keeping your left cheek on the floor. Doing this asana three times is sufficient.
You will find difficulty in performing this asana in the beginning but you will be comfortable doing it with the time. Once you are comfortable with the asana, breathe in while going up and breathe out while going down.
- This asana is equally beneficial for men and women, children, youth and old people. Do it for 2 minutes daily.
- Hernia patients and pregnant women shall never practice this asana.
- Doing this asana 3-4 times in the morning relieves gas troubles immediately.
- Benefits of yoga every day in the morning are incredible.
BENEFITS OF THIS ASANA
- It helps you get rid of stiffness in the spine and makes it flexible.
- It relieves pain in chest and back.
- If you experience crookedness in your spine for whatever reasons, this asana cures the problem without affecting the nerves and muscles of that area.
- If your spine bone or vertebra has dislocated then this asana helps the bone or vertebra fall back into place.
- It makes your waist slim and your chest broad and also cuts belly fat.
- It keeps your body in good shape and proportionate.
- It increases height and make your whole body toned and beautiful.
- Young children can make their torsal strong and in-shape by practicing this asana daily.
- This asana is alone sufficient for the treatment of nightfall problems in young men.
- It makes your neck, chest, shoulders, back, heart, arms and muscles strong.
- It treats pain in one-half of the head and protects brain cells from being damaged.
- It improves the working of the kidneys and keeps you active.
- It considerably helps in heart-related problems.
- This asana treats stomach related disorders like constipation, flatulence etc. It makes your intestine strong.
- It provides strength to lungs and prevents a cough, asthma, bronchitis, and eosinophilia etc. or if you are already suffering from such diseases, this asana definitely works.
- This asana is very beneficial for a woman’s overall health. It regulates the menstrual cycle and lessens pain. It also cures leucorrhoea, pregnancy, and internal venereal diseases.
Since the benefits of yoga everyday are awesome, practicing this asana on daily basis brings you incredible results.
TIP: Since the benefits of yoga every day are amazing, practicing this asana on daily basis brings you incredible results